May 7, 2007
Day 25: Survey Trip
We took a survey trip into the region today. In our travels, we spent most of our time in two villages/towns which were predominantly Uzbek speaking. As we walked into the bazaars in these places, it felt as if we were stepping back into Uzbekistan. In each town, we generated quite a lot of attention, as these sorts of places rarely, if ever, see foreigners. Ella was popular as ever, the sellers cooing over her and inquiring about the sling (thanks again, Leah). It was so good to be able to walk around speaking Uzbek and experiencing the hospitality that small town Uzbeks are famous for. Here is one of Jen talking to a few of the ladies who were squatting around selling potatoes, onions, carrots and the like. A close look at the background in this picture gives a glimpse into the typical small town Central Asian bazaar.
Jen and Ella again with their new friends...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Jen,
Seeing you and Ella with those people just about makes me cry!! What an amazing opportunity you have to be a light in those small villages (I know you can't "share" much, but just your lives can make a difference!) I would really like to go visit there someday!!!
Love ya,
Laurie
Before I read the comments my eyes were clouding up. I had just told Jonathan that picture makes me cry. We read the comment from Laurie and Jonathan immediately said.."oh my, like mother like daughter".(-: Love and prayers!
Post a Comment