Nov 24, 2010

day 4&5

Well, yesterday I could not log on to blogger at all for some reason, so was unable to post our update. It wasn't a terribly exciting day, but Ella did get to do some art. We made this...

OK, so really I did it and she helped a bit! I was hoping to get around to making some more Thanksgiving crafts today, like the classic turkeys made out of a hand print, but didn't get a chance. Maybe tomorrow? Maybe, maybe not.

She also did a drawing of a family. She said it isn't our family just A family (notice there are 5 people and NO, she doesn't know something you don't know!!!). The very interesting thing about this picture is that she flipped it over and drew long hair on the back of the girls. Pretty cute and clever, I thought!

Silas did a lot of this yesterday AND today. He pretty much gets into everything. That little guy keeps me busy. I keep comparing him to where Ella was 3 years ago, but then I remember that he is still 2 months younger! Yikes!! Ella started walking at 10 months. I'm not saying that I think he will, too, but it sure is possible. He pushes Ella's baby stroller around by himself. Its pretty darn cute!

Today I was busy preparing for our Thanksgiving Day meal I am hosting tomorrow evening. Was it crazy of me to host Thanksgiving dinner while my hubby is away? Probably, but I think we'll have a fun time anyway. Our Thanksgiving dinner will look a lot different than what Daddy will be eating (curry), but may look pretty similar to the traditional American feast. We will, however, have some substitutes. No turkey, instead several Rotisserie Chickens, Mashed Taters, Dressing without the celery :(, Corn, Sweet Potato Casserole with pumpkin instead of sweet taters, Cranberry Salad made with dried cranberries that my friend found in Germany during recent trip, Yeast Rolls, Walnut Pie (no pecans here), Pumpkin Pie and Apple Crisp. Now, I am not preparing all of this, only a few things. The rest is being brought by guests from America, Canada, Sweden, Scotland, and Tajikistan. Will post pictures of our feast later.

3 comments:

Beth said...

way to go jen! you always seem to amaze me! :)

p.s. that is not a sad thing about the lack of celery...that stuff is gross! it will be so much better without it anyway! haha

LOVE YOU! HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

Laurie said...

Wow, Jen, you're amazing!!! Wish I could be at YOUR house on Thanksgiving! Have fun with your special friends there! Love you! <3

aje said...

I love that little turkey (aaron from india)