Nov 21, 2010

day 2

Today we went to a neighboring town with another expat family here. It's an old Soviet park that was probably really nice back in the day. Today it's just well, you can see for yourself. Ella had great fun, as she got to run and play with 3 older kids, something she LOVES to do.

We found something the kids called a castle...

An old amphitheater...

The kids decided it would be fun to race in it. Ready, set, go!

As usual, Ella pulling up the rear. Yes, these kids are older, so it's understandable that she would be last, but even with kids her age and younger, this is the case. Its OK, sweetie, we still love ya! ;)

Don't know what these little houses are about. There were 3 or 4 of them. Someone suggested that maybe they were outhouses. No, but cute idea!

"Look at these HUGE leaves I found!"

The park has a lake, though it's very low.


Silas enjoyed all the views from his stroller. Loved being outside even though it was pretty chilly today.

He fell asleep in the car about 2 minutes from home. It was hard to wake him up to give him lunch. Here he is after taking his coat off...

On a side note, I realize that I may have very well made a mistake yesterday regarding Silas' height. I didn't write down the numbers the moment the Dr. told me and it was all in centimeters, so I think I said he is taller than he really is. My cousin commented that her 2 year old is the same height, so while he is a tall guy, I don't thing he is that tall! Going in for a check up tomorrow, so maybe I can find out his real height!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am really enjoying these articles! The pictures are wonderful and your children are beautiful as well!!! I think the little houses were for little people...just a thought i guess haahaaa It is also hilarious that your having troubles with your sons stats...your so cute! God Bless!!

Anonymous said...

I am really enjoying these articles! The pictures are wonderful and your children are beautiful as well!!! I think the little houses were for little people...just a thought i guess haahaaa It is also hilarious that your having troubles with your sons stats...your so cute! Along the same lines, I am sorry if this sent to you five times! I just signed up for this google thing so that I could post comments to ya! God Bless!!

marie said...

he still could be that tall - - addy is really short! :-) i think the doctor told us 15th or 20th percentile? she has a check up on the 30th so we will see if she has grown!

Laurie said...

Thanks for the updates!! I miss those kiddos SOOO much! Will be praying for you as you're a "single mom" the next couple weeks! I know you'll do a great job as always, but I'm sure the reunion with Aaron will be sweet! :) Love you! Hugs and kisses! <3