Sep 16, 2009

eating in baku

OK... only a couple more baku-related posts to go. This one's about food. In a lot of ways, Baku feels like a European city, and there are lots of restaurants of varying quality. We usually went to Turkish, because it is cheap and we like it.

We never did try the Pizza Hat, but we liked the name...
Lahmajun & pizza - Turkish pizza and thier impression of the western version side by side...

Turkish Doner - a sort of Turkish version of burrito. A lunchtime favorite, for about $1.

Saj - the Azeri national dish. Lots of meat and veggies fried on an iron plate...

But the place that we seemed always drawn back to (there are 4 McDs in Baku, and we went to 3 of them)...

Jen always suggested we go under the pretense of how much Ella likes it, but I know who this was really for...

After 4 trips total, I guess it just got a little boring...

3 comments:

old blog said...

Not sure about Ronald...looks like a creep

Bristol Grandma said...

This food makes me hungry. The Azer dish looks really interesting. The pizza looks great too. I don't think Ella is bored, she is just pooped from walking her legs off.

Laurie said...

Ahh... I'm wanting some of that Turkish food! I miss it!! Good thing Ella is a good eater! (I think she takes after her Daddy ;)