Sep 15, 2009

baku park

After the zoo, we stopped by a park. We let Ella pick one ride. After a long deliberation between a train, swans, and a helicopter, she went with the helicopter. She did not regret this choice...
Then her daddy offered to ride the swan with her anyway...

The parks were filled with old guys playing chess, nard (sort of like back gammon), and dominoes. Could have made for some interesting shots if I knew how to compose well, and if they would've stopped looking at me like I was a spy...

2 comments:

Jen said...

what are you talking about? those are great shots! what kind of camera did you get anyway? I've been curious. just too lazy to comment to ask.

aje said...

Canon IXUS 990 IS. In the US, Canon puts a different name on the same camera: Canon Digital Elph 970 IS. We paid more than we would've in the US, but it was either that or go without for 4 months. Just a small point-and-shoot, but it takes pretty good shots I think. What I meant is that if someone really knew what they were doing (and maybe had an SLR with a zoom so the old fellas wouldn't know you were taking pictures) there were great shots to be had in that place. Old men playing chess can be very photogenic.