Ellie and I went to our Korean friend's house this evening for a little "Korean Therapy", as I call it, a.k.a, really awesome Korean food. Aaron is down in the capital for some meetings for a few days,
so after two events where our grumpy and know it-all landlord decided to yell at me and treat me like I know nothing at all, which had me in tears and ready to move out on the spot so Ellie and I were simply looking for a reason to get out of the house and enjoy some good company and we headed over to our dear friend's house. Going to her house is a real treat. She is an amazing cook and really loves to spoil us!
While washing my hands in her bathroom, I came across this interesting tube of toothpaste....

Everything looks pretty legit, except the name. Usually when we come across rip-off products from China, there are loads of spelling errors and it can be quite humorous. I read the back thoroughly, expecting more funny mistakes, but it looked pretty good!
I have mentioned before that we could do a whole post about funny Chinese products we have seen here. For those of you who don't get the title of this post, "engrish", Koreans and Chinese don't distinguish between the letters "l" and "r", nor "f" and "p" in their alphabet. Therefore, when speaking English, they are often mixed up. For example, in college Aaron had a prof. who was Chinese. One morning he came to class and apologized for being absent the previous day and said his reason was having a "tellible fru"!
[Aaron in Dushanbe here, adding my 2 diram. Just wanted to link to the real
engrish.com website where they have a similar post about crust toothpaste. Also reminds me of
the less-than-prophetic Detroit Tigers 2008 World Series t-shirt we found last year.]
2 comments:
Funny story, hope the food was good.
How about washing your clothes in "Barf" laundry detergent??!(-:
Post a Comment