Apr 20, 2008

t-shirts

I heard a joke once that if you go to Africa you will find that everyone is wearing Buffalo Bills Superbowl Championship t-shirts from the early 90's. They lost 4 Superbowls in a row in that time period, so you wont find those shirts in America. But the story goes that in any major American sporting event championship, they print large numbers of shirts for both teams, then sell the winner's shirts at a high price, and ship the loser's off the the third world.

Today at the bazaar I saw a couple of shirts that caught my eye. The first one names the Dodgers as the National League Wild Card representative for the 2007 season, which is interesting considering that in that season they finished 8 games back and failed to make the playoffs.

My favorite was this prophetic one naming the Detroit Tigers as the American League representative in the 2008 World Series. If you don't understand why this is funny, just leave a comment and I will remind you what year it is, and in which month they play the World Series.

3 comments:

Bristol Grandma said...

Hi Aaron,
I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer -- but I sure did figure that out. Pretty funny.

MOM

Tanya said...

That is great. Did you buy any?? I love blooper shirts.

aje said...

nope - not my size :(