Jun 30, 2009

uncle brent is here

Brother Brent flew into Khujand early this morning after successful travels from Nashville via Moscow. He met only the usual harassment at the airport from a group of policemen who couldn't figure out how to get a bribe out of someone they couldn't communicate with.

He is still sleeping, but soon it will be time to get up and beat the jet lag...

We will have one day in Khujand (today), then tomorrow morning we will drive south to where our trek will begin. I was amused recently to see on Brent's blog that our little expedition even has its own logo...

and even cooler than that is the commemorative, yet practical, Edwards Expedition hat...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice!! Have a great time!! Be safe.

Mamak said...

I'm so excited for you! Please be careful and Godspeed!! We love you...and praying for you all.

Nathan Miller said...

two things:
1.) I pity Brent with the jet lag.. Aaron's a slave driver when it comes to beating jet lag. :)

2.) Flippin' sweet hat!