Jun 21, 2009

introducing...

I was excited to give Aaron a great Father's Day gift this year. When he came home from Dushanbe yesterday, I showed him this...


Yes, the tiny little blob there is Baby Edwards! Though Aaron knew I was expecting, he didn't know that I was planning to have an ultrasound while he was away.

On this Father's Day, we are very excited to announce to you all that we are expecting this little one around February 2nd. I am currently 8 weeks along and I went to have an ultrasound the other day and saw that tiny little heart beating away! Everything looks good and he/she is growing as he/she should. As I watched that little baby moving, tears streamed down my face and I immediately fell in love!

Many of you know that we experienced a miscarriage in January. We ask you to please pray for this little life, that he/she would continue to grow and develop properly, that I would carry this one to full term and deliver a healthy baby. Please pray for my health as well. Many different bugs are being passed around and I want to stay as healthy as possible. Thanks for your prayers for all of us!

Speaking of the ultrasound, you might find it interesting to know what I paid for my ultrasound. It cost me just over $3! It was a pretty nice place with a new machine. I was impressed!

Also, we want to wish a Happy Father's Day to all, especially to Ellie and my favorite Daddy! We love you!!!!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Super excited for your family! Love, Lance & Michelle Yoder

Bristol Grandma said...

Thanks for our first picture of the little person.

m+m said...

What a cute niece/nephew!!! :)

The boys and I prayed for your baby tonight and will continue to do so.

Unknown said...

Yea!!!!
We've been praying for a while that the Lord would bless y'all with another little Blessing.
He is so good!
Congrats!

Unknown said...

Oh, what great news!! I'm so excited to hear about this and I'm chopping at the bit to tell Ed as soon as he gets back from his meeting. Congratulations to you all!! XOXO.

old blog said...

For 3 bucks, Aaron should get one too!

Beth said...

yayyyyyy!!! i'm so happy i can talk about this now! its just not been very exciting to keep it to ourselves! ;)
i love the $3 picture! ;)

Mamak said...

Gma smiles at this!!!!!!!!!!!!So glad the "secret" is finally out. There were several times it almost slipped. LOVE YOU!!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I've been praying for guys (Jen, specifically) since I heard about the miscarriage in January. When I saw the title in my email "Introducing ..." I caught my breath with hope. So exciting! Know that I will continue praying for health and wisdom, but most of all peace. Pregnancies can be BEYOND stressful when you've faced trouble in the past. God is still in control -- which I know you know -- and I pray that that truth will be tangible in your hearts and minds through the next several months. LOVE YOU!

Robin Howard said...

You all are so special. I cannot imagine the thrill to give that picture to Aaron.

I rarely comment, but I never miss reading your blogs!

Blessings and good health!
robin howard

marie and christian said...

praise the lord! i will confess i have an rss reader on my phone so i was out and about yesterday when i read the post...and yes, started sniffling right there! then i promptly texted the entire california klein clan to make sure they all knew! we are so excited for you and will be praying for you every day!
<3 marie, christian and addy

Anonymous said...

Great news.... Coricia called me at work to tell me. We've very excited for you and will be praying for you (and everyone knows God hears Ohio prayers first)
Dave M

Aaron K said...

Yay! For $3, you can just skip the Tajik Starbucks and get an ultrasound every day on your way to the preschool!

Cacey said...

Congratulations - we are very excited for you!!