Jun 4, 2009

Lenin's playground

As most of these pictures are a couple of months old, this post is going to look a little dated (Ella's all bundled up, there are no leaves on the trees, etc), but we've been meaning to show off this Soviet-era playground for a while.

Ella's favorite is the cannon slide...

I've heard of the "bridge to nowhere" (Alaska) and the "stairway to heaven" (Lead Zeppelin), and even the "bridge to heaven" (an EV tool), but this is the first time I've ever seen a "stairway to nowhere"...

There is also this giant boot that has no play-related purpose that we can see (and has been knocked over since this photo was taken)...

Nate climbed to the top of Sputnik when he was here...

But my favorite piece by far is the dragon slide (and not just for the misspelled swear word)...

The steps can only be found on the outside...
...which means that in order to go down the slide, a child has to climb up the outside, then step over the spikes of death...
...before sliding down and being rewarded for his efforts with a mud puddle.

Good times...

3 comments:

Bristol Grandma said...

I just have to say -- get your tetnus shot first!!

old blog said...

Looks like Ralph Nader would have a Consumer-Product-Safety field day in Tajkistan

m+m said...

I grew up in a socialist country and never got a chance to go to such a cool playground! Not fair! :)

Have fun!!! :))