Jun 1, 2009

fans fast forward


One month from today, big brother Brent and I will begin our trek through the Fan Mountains, in north-central Taj. We will hike about 50 km, over two mountain passes gaining and losing a couple of thousand meters of elevation twice. No doubt, countless histories shall be written to document our great adventure. Should be a good time.

A few months ago while discussing preparation for the trip, Brent warned me that I'd better be physically ready for this, saying "I'm not gonna carry your big can over the big pass" (actually, those weren't exactly his words... his rhymed better). Since that day in mid-February, those words combined with the terrors of the impending BIG-THREE-OOOH have motivated me to lose 36 lbs (and counting) which is really just a testimony to how portly I'd become during our time at home over xmas.

I have posted a few photos others have taken on the same trek route that we are planning (yes I hate to admit we will not be the first brave souls to step foot in these lands).




2 comments:

Bristol Grandma said...

I'm asking every one I know to pray!

m+m said...

I wish I could come too! But I will be busy, actually Melinda will be busy . . . hmm, maybe I could still join you two . . . then again, maybe not. ~matt