Jun 16, 2009

8 years ago

June 16, 2001 was a very special day for Aaron and me. 8 years ago today we said our vows to one another, promising to stand together for better or for worse. I wanted to post a wedding picture of the 2 of us, but to my disappointment, we do not have a digital copy on our new computer, so I am out of luck. Instead, I posted this picture of the three of us just one year ago, while we were in Turkey.


I am so thankful to be able to hold Aaron's hand through this life we share together. 8 years ago I didn't have any idea where our lives would take us. The other day I was reflecting on our years together and thinking about how the life we are living isn't exactly what I had expected it to be, as I certainly didn't think I'd be living half way around the world and raising our daughter here without our families. There have been some tough times in our marriage and some amazingly joyful times as well. Through it all I have never been alone. We have shared tears and laughter and for that I am very blessed! I pray that Lord will give us many more years to hold one another's hands, may it be through good times or bad. I love you, Aaron!

Also, today marks Ella's 2 1/2 birthday. She was born exactly 5 1/2 to the day from our wedding! Happy 1/2 Birthday, Ellie!

8 comments:

The Gaertegang Homestead said...

Happy anniversary!!!! WIshing you many more happy years of growing in the Lord together!

AK said...

Happy anniversary! You two are a wonderful couple.

And happy birthday to Ella as well...

Beth said...

i was writing the date on the green peppers i cut up at work today and as i was writing 06.16, i let out a "OH MY GOODNESS!!!" pam was like, "WHAT??!!???" i told her it was your anniversary...no earth shattering news that she thought i was about to share, but nonetheless, something that i got very excited about!
also...realizing it was 8 years ago made me feel very old. thanks! haha ;)
LOVE YOU GUYS! i'm so glad you're apart of our family too, aaron!

Mamak said...

Happy Anniversary! Doesn't seem possible that it can be eight years. May you grow closer with each year. Love you so much!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!! Congratulations! :) --Naomi

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful post. It brought tears to my eyes. Congratulations!! (On the anniversary, not making me cry :) )

Bristol Grandma said...

I'll second that emotion Tanya! These 8 years have just flown. A lot has changed in the Edwards family since then. We miss you and hope that you had a great celebration. Love, Dad & Mom

Mamak said...

Happy Anniversary! Doesn't seem possible that it can be eight years. May you grow closer with each year. Love you so much!!!