Our 2nd hike took us up the same path the Brent and I took back in July 2009.
On this day we decided to give our friend/baby-sitter a break and take the boy with us...
About 2.5 hours later (and 800 meters/2600 ft higher) we arrived a Mutny Lake, which is like being in a big bowl surrounded by the highest peaks in the Fan Mountains...
We let the boy out to do some hiking around himself...
Many photo-ops...
We are posing in front of Mt. Chimtarga, the highest peak in the Fans...
Just over Silas's left shoulder is the pointy Mt. Zmea, which Brent and I summited in 2009...
It is worth mentioning here that although Jen was quite nervous about how she would do with such difficult hikes at high elevation, she did awesome! A real mountain woman! I don't think the girl I married 10 yrs ago would have had the grit for this. Thanks for giving me an excuse to get back to the Fans, Jen! Happy Anniversary.
No comments:
Post a Comment