Aug 5, 2011

i must confess....

[by jen]

That I am a terrible mother...this is what I allowed to happen while I left Silas alone...

Last weekend we had waffles. Silas is a BIG waffle eater. He is also usually the last one to wake up in the household. So, we all had our waffles then when Silas awoke I gave him waffles, poured on a little syrup and then proceeded to go into the other room to, I admit...ahem...get on Facebook, while my little man was left unsupervised in his chair eating waffles. Unbeknown-st to me, I left the syrup bottle within reach. When Ella walked into the kitchen and said, "O MY!!!", I knew something was awry. There he was, spooning syrup into his mouth, very happily I might add!

Fortunately that was NOT imported syrup (only an expat living overseas where syrup of any kind is unavailable would think to think this, I do realize), but rather imitation homemade syrup I make and just refill the bottle!

Lesson learned: Don't leave Silas unattended while Facebook-ing!

3 comments:

Beth said...

oh. my. goodness! i laughed so hard at that first picture...the face says it all! ;)
too funny...
this will be like the story we tell of james when he ate the whole bottle of flinstones vitamins...but silas can say he ate a whole bottle of syrup! lol

Laurie said...

Funny story! You are NOT a terrible mother... these kind of things just happen, and we can laugh!! :)

Love you all!!!! <3

Mamak said...

He is such a SWEETIE!!!