The day didn't start well. Minutes after waking, I saw a naked lady. Not my wife. Not even someone attractive. She was in her 80s. Happy Birthday To Me. I nearly clawed my eyes out. She apparently couldn't figure out the slide lock on the bathroom door. I couldn't see her knees. Still having nightmares. Oh the horrors of time and gravity. I'll spare you a photo for this story. Another reason to be bummed about getting older, on the day I turned 30.
Anyway, things started to look up when we found that we received three cards from home, and right on my b-day. But then we opened them and found they were for Jen's b-day last month. Poor me. I now see that they were addressed to her, but we didn't notice...
But my Gma Mid did write a little note on the back for me to let me know that "Mag Ordonez got a proper haircut". He is a baseball player for the Tigers. That means that this hat is obsolete...
On a related note, I went looking for the above photo for the Ordonez hat, and couldn't believe how fat I was. Jeez, there should have been an intervention or something!
5 comments:
There was an intervention. We sent you to East Asia. It worked. ;)
On a more serious note, happy birthday! And thank you for sparing us the horrors of time and gravity. The description was quite enough.
(And welcome to the 30 club, I joined a few months ago. It's not too bad so far.)
I don't think you spared us enough :)
Yes, you are right....We have the coolest, G'Ma! It's been nice over the years that we (the grandkids) each have those special times with her. Thanks for the picture with the hat. It was great! Love, Tina C.
LOL. I read this the other day, but couldn't comment. It's just as funny on the second read. Happy birthday, man!
I've discovered age is only upsetting when pondered. I never remember I'm in my mid-thirties until someone asks or points it out. It also helps to hang out with older people, 'cause then I'm always the baby. ;)
Wow, what a funny story! I think you included plenty of allusions to certain issues to have others struggle with nightmares, too. Thanks for sharing though! :))
Post a Comment