Jun 5, 2011

bye-bye, aunt beth!

[by jen]

I said goodbye to Bethany today at 3am. She said her goodbyes to the kids last night before they went to sleep, but it seemed that Ella didn't really believe that she would be gone when she woke up. They had been sleeping in the same room and when Ella woke up this morning sometime just after dawn, she came in to my room sobbing, saying "Mommy, did you know that Aunt Bethany is gone?" She climbed into bed with me for a while for some comfort, but then went back into their room and went to lie in Bethany's bed. I went in after a while because we could hear her sobbing. She was missing her Aunt Beth A LOT! We talked about the great times we had with her. We are so thankful for her visit! I'm with Ella, though, seeing her go was not easy. Goodbyes are never easy, but being the one left behind is especially tough. Everywhere I look there are reminders of Bethany. I hate to think of the many times we have left our Moms/the Grandmas behind as we headed off. Bless you, our dear Mothers, we love you!!!!!

Here is the last shot of Aunt Beth with the kids just before bed...Thanks so much for coming to see us, Beth! We had such a great time with you over the past 2 1/2 weeks. Thanks for making so many great memories with us! We love you!!!!!

2 comments:

Beth said...

you absolutely just killed me with this post... :( i read it last night (or should i say 2:30 this morning) after the world's longest day! then laid there and cried... :(
LOVE YOU and i'm so thankful for the special time and visit i had with you all!

Mamak said...

A mom feels all the emotions along with her children. I was so excited about Beth getting to come..I felt like a part of me was going with her. Now I feel the pain of the separation with you all. So sad! So looking forward to heaven when there will be no more good-byes and no more tears! So thankful for all those wonderful memories that were made.