Friday night we finally got around to having a birthday party for Ella. For those of you who don't know, her birthday was December 16th. We were still in India, but we planned to have it on the 19th once we got back. Because of a cancellation of our flight back home, we had to postpone it until after the holidays, so we planned it for January 4th. Unfortunately, she came down with a really bad cold and fever, so we postponed it again to 7th. She was still a bit under the weather, but with a little Tylenol, cough syrup, and excitement, she had a blast.
She started out her day with a candle and colored sugar on her cream of wheat. You can see she still looks like she doesn't feel too great, but the candle sure did cheer her up!
We went to a local fast food place where they make pizza. We invited our coworkers and another family who have 3 kids. The little girl in the family is Rebecca, Ella's hero. She is probably one of the sweetest little girls I know. Here they are together with the gift from Becca.
In the back of the restaurant is this little play place that was a big hit with the kiddos.
Sang "Happy Birthday" and had cake.
This cake was kinda similar to one she had picked out from my cake decorating book that I talked about on this post.
And as per Edwards Family Traditions, I brought along a cake for Daddy, too!
We continued the birthday festivities the next morning by giving her a few gifts from America. Thank you Aunt Beth for the jewelry...
Thank you Grandma and Grandpa for the shirt and movie...
And thank you, Mamak for the cool printing pad to practice writing my letters. She also tried sending a Dr. Seuss book in the mail, but it didn't make it. Its probably now the property of the person who steals my son's pacifiers from the other packages we have been sent. :(
And finally here is a video that I prepared before we went to India. I scheduled it to post on December 16, but something happened and the video didn't get published, so I decided to wait until we posted her party pics. Ella is such an incredible gift and a blessing to us. She is becoming a little lady now and enjoys helping out more and more. She is a great big sister to Silas, too. I just love being her Mommy. I still look at her in disbelief that she could possibly be my little girl! I am so thankful for her. Love you, sweet Ellie!
6 comments:
Jen your cake turned out great, the video too.. so cute but also sad that they grow up so fast it made me cry : )
Such a cute video. We hope she is feeling better now. Sure miss you all. It is going to be a long year for gma and gpa.
great video! tears watching it over here. I can't believe how fast the time flies.
Happy Belated Birthday, Ella.
(Owen said: I will be 4 too!)
Such a special celebration of Ella's life! That video was so sweet! I can't believe it's been 4 years since I held that newborn Ella in my arms!! Time sure does fly! Thanks for sharing these precious times from your life! Love you! <3
O how quickly the years go by.)-: I have done a lot of thinking about our lives here on this earth lately and reminded that " life is but a vapor". Cherishing each and every memory and holding them close in my heart. Thanks so much for sharing. Ella you are so very special to us all but most of all to Jesus! Praying as that love continues to grow. Love you bunches!!!......Now I can watch it again and cry some more.
such a great post! you did a great job with the cakes, jen! such a sweet video...amazing how much that little girl has done and experienced in just 4 short years!
Post a Comment