Jan 18, 2011

india, part 1: goa

You remember how we went to India back in Nov/Dec? Well, we are finally ready to show some pics. I (Aaron) was there for 2 weeks for a course for work, then Jen+kids came down and we had 2 weeks to be tourists in India. The next 9 posts will be from that time.

We spent most of our time in Goa, on India's west coast. We were going to stay in a beach hut kind of thing that we found on the internet, but then when I got down there I found this house (the first floor) for about $17 per night...

It was across from this big catholic church (yes - a church. Goa was an old Portuguese colony, and they knocked down temples and built churches) and school, so Ella got up every morning and watched the school kids doing their exercises in the yard...

And we were only about 100 yards from the beach...

There were not so many other tourists, but we did have to share the beach with cows...

We'll continue the photos without the commentary...
















3 comments:

Bristol Grandma said...

Great pictures!! This is a great post and was happy to see the beach that Ella talked about. Silas looked like he was having a good time, and not even eating the sand!

Unknown said...

Oh my. How wonderful to see India again through the eyes of dear friends. I got to go there three years ago and my heart still is in love with this country and its people.

Your posts, Jen, are beyond words. Thanks for sharing them with (among others) me. I read every one of them and thoroughly enjoy them. I can't believe how fast Silas is growing up!

The Gaertegang Homestead said...

Beautiful pictures Jen! You guys are making so many priceless memories, I'm so glad your able to catch them on film and share them with us all.