Mission accomplished...
We know, Grandpa Snow looks an awful like Santa, but there are a few differences. Most notably is the fact that Gpa Snow has nothing to do with Christmas. He is the mascot for New Year's. Same with the big tree - that is a New Year's tree. And Gpa Snow normally (but now always) wears blue, and instead of a myriad of slave-elves, he works alone with only the help of his granddaughter Snowflake. My own favorite: it seems that there is no nonsense of encouraging kids to believe that he is actually a real person. In fact, when you go to the square you can choose between many Gpa Snows, all selling their services (a pose with your child) for about $0.25. In this picture alone I can find at least 10 Gpa Snows milling around...
My girl by the big tree...
We also tried to pick up a few things at the bozor, which was as packed as I've ever seen it as people were preparing for the big evening. I tried to hold Ella's hand and let her walk, but at one point she said "Daddy, I can't handle it!"...
Ok, back to old Mr. Snow. You may remember that 3 years ago I was asked to play Gpa Snow for our project's New Year's program. Ella was not so fond of the big guy back then, even when I pulled the beard down...
In case you missed her expression in the first one...
She likes him a lot better now though. Based on this we were surprised that Silas was unfazed when he met the big guy.
No comments:
Post a Comment