A friend of ours in Istanbul has visited Jen and dropped off a computer. So we've been able to talk on skype, and she wrote an update to post here:
"
Hi, its Jen here updating from Istanbul. The flight here was uneventful and I arrived to find someone waiting to take me to the hospıital. Things got to a pretty slow start, as the insurance company either failed to let them know I was coming or there was lack of communication amongst the staff here. Finally I was admitted and was seen by the neurologist. The first day I had and ultrasound to check on our little Baby Fud. The OB had 3 words for me: Big, Active, Boy! I then had an EKG, MRI, and some blood work. Today I have had an Echocardiogram to be sure that there isn't a problem with my heart as well as lots of pokes for blood tests.
So far all the tests indicate that everything is fine, which seems to confirm what all the doctors that we consulted believed was most likely: that what I experienced was just the strange symptoms of a migraine.
As mentioned in the last post, I was really hoping to be on the Thursday flight back to Taj, however the doc informed me today that I must wait until the bloodwork comes back on Friday before they will give me permission to fly again, which means that I probably am not going to get back until Monday, on the next Turkish Air flight. They are still concerned about some sort of blood disorder that could make my blood more clotty, and once they can check that off the list, I will be able to fly.
There is a small child somewhere near my room and in the night I was awoken to crying and found myself half way out of bed before I realized that I wasn't home and that wasn't Ella crying!
So, pray that the blood work comes back just fine, showing that I do not have this disorder and continue to pray for Aaron and Ella at home and for peace for me as I am away from them and missing them terrıbly!
"
Jen is terribly bored at this point, as even though they are finised doing tests on her, she has to stay in the hospital for several more days. You can look her up on skype and help her pass the time. Her username is edwardsphonehome.
No comments:
Post a Comment