Nov 7, 2009

funny ellie

Ella has been saying some VERY funny things lately, unfortunately I don't write them all down and forget them quickly. Last night, however, as I was putting her in bed, this is the conversation we had....

Me: You go to sleep now and in the morning Mommy, Daddy, and Ellie are going to go to the bazaar.
Ella: Me, you, AND Daddy????
Me: Yes
Ella: And I am going to eat a "mashrutka" (minibus). Here she pauses and thinks for a minute as she realizes what she just said and I snicker. Uhh... I am going to eat a "peroshka" (deep fried, potato filled dumpling) and gum, ok Mommy? You going to give the lady some money and I going to say (emphatically), "RAHMAT" (thank you)!

Later I tell Aaron about our conversation and then at breakfast this is the conversation they have....
Aaron: Ella, are you going to eat a "mashrutka" (minibus) today?
Ella: No, silly, I gonna eat a "peroshka" (deep fried, potato filled dumpling). A "mashrutka" (minibus) is TOO big and my mouth is TOO small!

5 comments:

Jen said...

that is so cute! so glad you wrote that one down.

Bristol Grandma said...

Funny girl. Won't her and BG have a lot of stories to share while you visit!

Mamak said...

Love it! Savor every moment. (-:

Tanya Dennis said...

You'll have to start your own regular feature of Ellie-isms. :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for giving me a good laugh this morning Ellie!! :)