Greetings again from Istanbul. It looks like I will finally get outta here tomorrow (Sunday) evening, arriving in Dushanbe early Monday morning. All of the tests that I was waiting the results have come back and all is fine. This has been a whole long saga, but it appears that this is set in stone now. The frustrating thing was that medically I was set for discharge on Thursday afternoon, but because there was no flight until Sunday, the insurance company wanted me to stay as long as the hospital wasn´t full and didn´t need my bed. We asked about them placing me in a hotel instead, but they would not pay for a hotel. So they are paying for 3 more nights in a hospital. Logical, huh????? We are hoping to get a ticket up to Khujand on Monday morning or early afternoon, so please pray we get one. I have a few things I´d like to get wrapped up before leaving for 5 months and will have only Monday to do, as we must all 3 fly to Dushanbe Tuesday morning for a couple of meetings and then we are off early Wednesday morning for Hungary to visit Matt, Melinda and kids for a week before the long journey home.
So thats the scoop. I really want to thank all of you who were praying for me during this whole time. I have had an immense peace this whole time, though will be quick to admit I would have preferred to stay put with my family where I belong! Oh, and I am completely jealous of all of you who were able to view the video of my sweet Ellie reading to her Nini, as I was unable to view it here in Turkey. Apparently YouTube has been banned for the past 2 years here. Something about videos insulting Turkey and their beloved former leader, Ataturk, which means the father of Turkey. I had better not put my 2 cents in, but should just stop here.
My friend will be coming to see me one last time today. She has been an amazing blessing to me. She has taken time out of her very busy schedule to come and see me almost everday and I have appreciated it so much. So if you are reading this Pam, THANK YOU!!!! :) This of course means that she will take the computer with her when she leaves this afternoon, but I am only 1 more day away from leaving! Its been great to have had this computer to be able to keep in touch with my family in Tajikistan and in Indiana as well as to simply help the time pass. So the next time you hear from me I should be back up in Khujand, reunited with my sweet family!
No comments:
Post a Comment