Ella knows that she is about to get a spanky, and I noticed her as she opportunistically tries to hide the stick under the couch when I take a phone call. I get off the phone and this exchange takes place:
Me: Where's the spanky stick?
Ella: (arms up, shoulders shrugged) I dunno.
Me: Are you lying?
Ella: (confused look)
Me: Do you know what it means to lie?
Ella: (confused look)
Me: A lie is when you say something that isn't true. (I then give her a couple of examples) Lying is bad, and when you lie it makes daddy sad. It makes Jesus sad too. [btw, I couldn't believe it when those words came out of my mouth - whether or not its true, it sounds pretty lame]
Ella: (ponders for a while) When I get outta bed in da moanin, Jesus is happy?
Me: (confused look) huh?
Ella: Jesus is sad when I lie down in bed. Jesus is happy when I get outta bed?
She's a cute little sinner anyway.
Only 9 hours to Jen's return!
2 comments:
By the time you read this Jen should be home! PTL! I am glad that I am hearing about all this after Jen is back with Ella or I would have worried all the more.(especially the wondering around in the night) So excited about getting to hear these elli-isms first hand...she brightens my day and brings joy to my heart! Won't be long!
Discipline can be VERY difficult to lay down when they are acting like this! Charley does this kind of thing all the time.
Post a Comment