Nov 19, 2009

news from jen

Hi from Istanbul. I don`t have a lot of news to report to you regarding my situation. I spoke with the neurologist a few times today. At this point he is reporting that I had a probable TIA, but he says that they cannot know for sure, as an MRI and other tests cannot determine this and they are starting me on aspirin therapy for the duration of my pregnancy (which ıs perfectly safe). I still believe that this was simply a migraine headache, but this doc says that it is an open door for a these 2 possibilities and I hate that my medical records will now state this. Without getting political here, I am glad that Obama passed that recent bill making it unlawful for insurance companies to deny coverage based on a pre-existing condition now that I will have TIA as baggage!

I am still sitting here in my hospital room waiting for the test results to come in. The doctor expects the tests to come in tomorrow (Friday) by noon. These tests will determine whether or not I have some sort of blood disorder that causes more clotting than normal and is worsened in pregancy. If these tests come back fine the doctor and insurance company will decide where I need to go from here. If you recall, the insurance company bought me an open-ended Turkish Air ticket and the next flight back to Taj. is Sunday night, which would mean me returning to Khujand Monday at some point. However, there is a flight with Tajik Air Saturday night and Aaron spoke with the insurance company about cancelling the Turkish Air flight and then getting on the Tajik Air flight. This may also mean me leaving the hospital and going to a hotel, but have to wait on the insurance company, as they are making a lot of the decisions. So here I wait.

In the meantime I was able to get permision yesterday and today to go out for a couple of hours. I went for a nice long walk, went to a shopping mall, enjoyed a Starbucks coffee yesterday and a sundae from Burger King today!!! That was a real treat for both me and Baby Fud. He was doing all sorts of gymnatics yesterday after the Starbucks! When I get more info, I will pass it along.

No comments: