Weary from a long journey and looking forward to a bed, we flew into the Dushanbe's valley and got a glimpse of the city through the clouds just before I noticed the light show below us which meant that we couldn't land. Due to the t-storms we got an extra flight that we did not bargain for when we were diverted to Samarkand (in Uzland) to sit on the tarmac for 4 hours before trying again.
Silas slept in Samarkand...
All things considered, kids did great. Ella had a meltdown in Stockholm and Silas kind of lost it at one point in Russian air-space. But considering the epicness of this journey they were pretty awesome.
For those keeping track (I know that is only me) that makes 55 flights for Ella and 5 for Silas.
We are still unpacking and trying to get over jet lag. Ella has really enjoyed getting to know all of her toys again, and is looking forward to visiting some of her friends soon.
I am using someone else's internet right now and probably wont get ours worked out till Monday or Tuesday, so I may not be back on for a few days. We will see.
We are about to head out for some meat-on-a-stick with friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment