OK, another wedding post, but this one is from my "Sissy's" wedding. Just 4 days before we hopped on that big jet, we celebrated a very special event, Laurie and Joel's wedding. Just a warning, there are A LOT of pictures in this post!
The fun actually began a few days before the wedding, when family arrived from California.
Here are the boys doing some last minute prep work; painting the trellis for the reception...
Thursday: Enjoying a cookout in the evening giving the families a chance to get acquainted...
Friday night: The rehearsal. (oh so cute!)
The Big Day: Time to get ready...
Ella's turn...
Joel is about 5 men long!
Sisters...
Nice day for a boat ride.
Before the guests arrived. You can see Mom underneath the trellis doing last minute prep...
Its time!!!
Mr. and Mrs. Sommer...
Joel grew up in Bolivia, so for some good latino entertainment, they had a pinata for the kids. This pinata was tough, so after each kid got his/her chance, Joel was called to duty. Took quite a few attempts (and a broken stick) but he finally got the job done.
Here is a fun story. Beth really wanted to catch Laurie's bouquet. Too many times she's lost it to little girls. Well, she was determined to get it. "I'm ready, Laurie!"
Laurie counted to three and... wouldn't you know it, let go a little bit too soon, sending it flying in front of her. Thinking for a split second that there might be a re-throw, Beth then realized her opportunity to get her prize and off she went,
a roll and tumble later, she had the bouquet in her hands! ;)
Time to leave. Wait...who is that guy with his hand grabbing Joel's coat and preparing to launch a fist full of birdseed down his back?!?!
We had to say our goodbyes to them at the wedding. They quietly came back to the church after taking a spin in the getaway car. I hate goodbyes!
Their wedding was probably the most beautiful, special, God-centered wedding I have ever been to. We love you both and once again send our congratulations to you!!!! Miss you and love you lots!
3 comments:
oh, man, that last picture made me cry. A bride should not have to cry like that on her wedding day!! :) I'm so glad you were able to be home and be a part of the special day. What a beautiful wedding!!
SO EXCITING!! God is so good, isn't He? I love all the pictures and so wish I could have been there!!! I am glad, though, that I got to meet Joel and see everyone, even if it was before the wedding. Oh, and I am so the same with good byes. They're the worst. I can't wait for Heaven when we'll never have to say good bye ever again. How awesome will that be?!
Thank you Sooooo much for posting about the wedding. I have been waiting and waiting since I wasn't able to come. Thank you again so much!
Post a Comment