We really enjoyed living at Bristol this spring. When we got the chance, Ella and I liked to take boat rides...
As I do with bike rides, I gave Ella the job to be on the look out for "interesting things"...
Like these geese that we chased around the lake several times...
And the elusive blue heron that lives at Bristol...
and of course, turtles...
and birds...
and of the birds, especially the orioles...
at the end it was always important to drag the boat back in...
Sometimes we went out with mommy and Silas too...
A sunset from the far end of the lake...
Another Bristol activity that Ella loved and often asked for was swimming...
While we are on the topic of wildlife, I'll take the opportunity to tell about this little bluebird that I saved, and subsequently probably doomed. I was near the lake and heard a splash. Apparently he had fallen out of a tree and was drowning. So I saved the guy, but by touching him, I may have only delayed his demise...
We also saw deer regularly...
And Ella would often go toad hunting. When she caught one, she would hold on until it, loving it until it croaked (pun intended, thank you).
Finally, a couple of pics of Ella mowing the grass with gpa...
And the day before the wedding I got to take the flower girl on another bike ride through Chain-O-Lakes.
OK I think grandmas have all the important pictures now.
No comments:
Post a Comment