Our first seats were about 8 rows behind the first base coach (when I zoom in on this pic I can see gma)...
After a few innings I went on a reconnaissance mission to determine if upgrading would be possible. I found a spot and instructed grandma that if anyone asked to see our tickets, she should tell them what year she was born.
The view from our nice cushy upgraded seats (this was during a late inning bases loaded situation, down 4. They got zip out of it)...
Grandma with her favorite announcer, Ernie Harwell. They were both born in 1918 and both huge Tiger fans.
Singing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" during the 7th inning stretch...
GAA! LOOK OUT BEHIND YOU GRANDMA!!!
White Sox 6, Tigers 2. We've been to three games now. The Tigers have lost all three.
Love you, gma.
2 comments:
Glad you had this time together! She sure is a special lady!! We love our Gma Mid! Love, Tina C.
I love your Gma, too! She is such a special lady. I have even more love for her now that I know she is a Tiger's fan. My Grandpa knew Ernie Harwell and was also a BIG Tigers fan, as was my Dad. I will be praying for you all as you travel. Love, Jill Maxton
Post a Comment