So here's what I told Ella yesterday to prepare her for today: "You are going to go to a big building, and sit and watch something. Daddy is going to be wearing some very funny clothes, and after a while he is going to go up on stage and shake someone's hand." She looked at me with rapt attention, waiting for me to finish the story. But that was it.
What was a significant life step for many was an anticlimactic morning for me. I won't move on to a new stage in life, get a different job, or a raise. But I took enough classes that they sent me some funny looking get-up and an invitation. The high point of my day was immediately following commencement in the form of a big hug from my firstborn. I'd trade that piece of paper they gave me for this any day...
2 comments:
Congrats Aaron!!
Congratulations to my favorite brother in law! :)
Post a Comment