May 23, 2010

change

[by jen]

Change is something that is somewhat normal in our lives. We are in the midst of lots of change right now. We have moved out of our house and are walking around piles in my in laws house. Aaron and I have been married 9 years in June and have moved 10 times. Little Ella has moved 5 times in her 3 1/2 years of life. I hate moving. I hate sorting things. I hate making decisions about what toys my little girl can take with her and which has to be left behind. I hate seeing her cry as we pack her stuffed animals into a big plastic bag. As she cries at night wanting to "go to our house" my heart breaks. I hate the eminent painful goodbyes as we get on that big plane.

But somehow my heart is filled with joy. I am anxious to land in the place and see the people we have come to love over the past 5 1/2 years. God's grace is amazing. What I am feeling seems so trivial compared to so many other situations. I see godly people around me go through pain, heartache, and loss, yet there is joy. I am so thankful we serve a God who cares and sees each tear that falls. He cares about every situation, no matter how great or small.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Jen for sharing your heart and reminding us all that there is joy as we rest in our Father's care. I am so grateful we will be allowed to see you and yours before you leave! Love you and counting the days. Aunt Bonnie

m+m said...

Thank you for this post, Jen. We are praying for your move as well as the wedding on Saturday! :) Melinda