If Google Earth can be trusted, over a 7km distance we went from an elevation of about 800 m up to about 1300 m and back. Although it probably doesn't even qualify as a warm up, I thought this would be good practice for the big trek Brent and I have planned in the Fann Mountains in July (from about 2,200 m to 4,200 m and back). As far as I can tell we got to the 2nd highest point in this little range (several km to the east there is a point about 300 m higher - maybe we can get to that another day).
Driving through the village leading to the trailhead (our goal is the highest ridge off in the distance)...
After going through the village we were able to drive for about the first 6 km along the valley floor...
When we couldn't drive any further, we started the hike. Not sure what kind of tree this is, but its blooming (almond and apricot have already finished blooming, so this is something else)...
The view from the top looking back...
At the top, I was inspired to do this by Brent, who was inspired by his friend...
Resting on the way back down...
The last few pictures are from closer to the village after the hike.
Baby goats (or lambs, I can't tell)...
A beekeeper...
And donkeys carrying lavender (?) down the mountain...
1 comment:
Well done. Good to see exploration of your region's upper reaches. Better work on that handstand...looked a bit wobbly.
Post a Comment