postscript: After taking these pictures, Ella picked up a small jar of salsa and promptly dropped it on the tile. One less jar for winter. O well.
Sep 15, 2008
canning
After enduring 3 cold winters in Central Asia, we have learned something...the importance of canning! There is little more available in the bazars than potatoes, carrots, onions, and beets. This summer I (Jen) have been busy every few weekends with canning jam, spaghetti sauce (no Prego here, baby!), and salsa. Ella is a great helper so during these days of canning she was a big helper to Mommy! Here she is with the finished products, clockwise from Ella: spaghetti sauce, strawberry jam, raspberry jam, plum jam, and salsa.
Growing up, I remember my Mom doing plenty of canning in the summer time as well. One thing I will never forget is how she would pick the final product up (peaches in particular) and and admire it a little bit and say, "Isn't it pretty?" I have to admit, it does bring one satisfaction to see the final "pretty" product after the hours of labor one puts into it. Here is a closer look at a few....
postscript: After taking these pictures, Ella picked up a small jar of salsa and promptly dropped it on the tile. One less jar for winter. O well.
postscript: After taking these pictures, Ella picked up a small jar of salsa and promptly dropped it on the tile. One less jar for winter. O well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Looks yummy.
Great job Jen. I am proud of you. They look great!
(The above comment was from mom...I chose the wrong identity)
They do look pretty, Jen! Well done! :)) Melinda
They are pretty! My mom did the same thing. In fact, when we lived on the farm, she would color coordinate the whole pantry. It was beautiful. :) I should learn to can someday ...
Looks yummy to us too!
Liam said "eat!"
Any time we get on to see what Ella is up to Liam says " Nella... Nella. sometimes he laughs at the pix.
I cant wait till they meet this fall!
love you guys
Post a Comment