Mar 5, 2011

woman's/mother's day program

[by jen]

As I referenced in my last post, last Tuesday was Ella's Woman's Day/Mother's Day program at her preschool. She was asked to prepare a poem about mothers in English. This wasn't the easiest thing to do, especially since I was only given 1 week notice. I needed something very, very simple for a 4 year old to memorize in 1 week. I chose to re-write a familiar poem and she had it down in the same day!

Saying her poem...
Singing her little heart out...

Here are the girls in the class dressed in national dress singing a song in Russian. She not only learns Tajik, but Russian songs, too! It's too bad she won't retain it all her life.


I am always really amazed that 3-6 year olds can memorize whole poems in Tajik and Russian, as well as performed choreographed song and dance. It's a real testament to the teacher. She has worked hard with these kids. Finally, here is a montage of the highlights of the program. It's a long one, but we kept it long for the Gmas. We knew they would love it and watch it over and over!

4 comments:

Jen said...

The kids and I just watched the whole thing. They were mesmerized.

Kate says, "I like your dress. and You did a good job,,
Ella."


such a sweet program. I bet it was totally worth the pain for you to see it. my mother's heart would have had a hard time missing that too.

praying today finds you feeling better and better

Bristol Grandma said...

PRECIOUS! Love watching this. Ella, you did a great job at the poem, singing and dancing. Looks like a fun time. So glad that you made the effort to go and see it Jen. Sweet memories.

Mamak said...

Couldn't be sweeter. Jen, I am so glad you got to go and Ella did wonderful! Praying for you daily.

Tanya said...

This is so cool. I'm on the verge of jealousy ... I wish my kids had such unique opportunities ... not that living minutes outside NYC is boring, but ... cool.