Mar 22, 2011

navruz

Yesterday was Navrus - the Persian New Year (welcome, year 1390!) and the biggest holiday of the year. It is a day for getting dressed up and walking around among the masses. Ella woke us up early like it was xmas morning: "Mommy, Daddy. Today is Navruz! I'm gonna wear this dress and go to the park!"

We had a couple swings before we left home...


Ella posing in her best on the way to the main park...

on the bridge...
I love my girls...

The main square/park was not a place for Enochlophobes...

We got the obligatory Central Asian picture in front of the flowers/balloons...

Got cotton candy...

And the big wheel...

This was a ride just for and her daddy...

Momma and Silas attached firmly on the ground...

"Hi mommy!"...

"I said, HI MOMMY!!!"...
view from the top...




As if that wasn't enough fun, we headed over to the other park in town to meet some friends. More crowds...

Heading home in style...

4 comments:

CH said...

looks like you had a great day and like that snow just couldn't hang on!

Laurie said...

Looks like an awesome day!
thanks for sharing! I like the outfits, the culture and the smiles!=) (Oh, and I spotted those blossoms on your tree- so pretty to see spring has arrived!)
Ella is so brave to go in the very high ferris wheel! Brave and adventurous, just like her daddy! =)

Love you all!

Mamak said...

Ella looked so adorable in her dress. I remember that ferris wheel....and just seeing it and the low rails on the bridge makes me nervous!

Aaron Klein said...

I was the recipient of a fresh new dollar bill for Navruz from an Iranian friend of mine! Such cool traditions.