Mar 29, 2011

banner

The new kindergarten director just had a banner made to hang in the school. Ella was one of the children selected for the photo. Because she's gorgeous? Or perhaps for diversity?

[sidenote: This reminds me of the one black guy who went to Jen's B college in WV who was in every PR/recruiting photo ever taken. Going through their college catalog was like going through a "Where's Waldo" book, except Waldo's a kid from the hood hanging out at a Klan rally.]

Anywhoooo, here's Ella proudly posing next to the banner...
The banner reads: "Glorious education from independence and independent nation from kindergarten must begin." I'll let you work out your own meaning from that.

That tall gentleman in the blue suit standing behind the children is the President. If I would have known he was visiting our school for the photo op, I would have gone to meet him.

If you couldn't spot our princess in the first picture, here is a closeup. Appropriately, she is behind the ELLAphant...

1 comment:

Jen said...

this is so funny. love it.