...and traveled down the valley then turned up the Obburdon Pass. We zig-zagged for about an hour and a half, climbing to an elevation of 3961 m (13,000 ft) at the crest. Along the way we looked back at the serpentine path...
At the pass, it was a short walk to snow...
I climbed up the nearest peak adjacent to the pass and found a nice view at 4230 m (13,877 ft), which is now (just barely) the highest I've been outside of an airplane (although doing most of it in a car does seem like cheating).
The view to the south across the valley to the Zarafshon Range (taken from a peak on the Turkeston Range)...
The view west along the Turkeston Range (our parked car is visible on the pass below)...
The view east along the Turkeston Range...
Then we headed back down the north side of the pass, finding a similar winding path...
One last shot of our group of four (with the little peak I climbed above me)...
the end.
No comments:
Post a Comment