Oct 16, 2009

new house

After two weeks of being here, getting moved in and settled, we are ready to show some pictures of our new place. We are enjoying it here so much. The last year was a good experience overall, but was tough sharing most of our space with a local family. We went from only having 2 rooms for ourselves, to having more space than we know what to do with. We are very thankful for the new place. Enjoy the pictures.

Here is our front gate. Come on in....

View into the courtyard from the gate...

Courtyard views...



We have several entrances into our house from the courtyard, but most of the house is all connected. The bedrooms are separate from the rest of the house. Here is the kitchen entrance...

Kitchen...


Our western-style living room. We still need to put up curtains and then hang some things on the walls to make it more homey...


The Tajik-style room, where we will put a traditional low table and sitting cushions of the floor for guests when they come over...

Ella's bedroom. We found this little bunk bed at the used furniture bazaar and couldn't pass it up, as Ella needed a "big girl bed." It's great because it's deep enough that little ones won't roll out at night. "Baby Fud" will move into the bottom bunk when its time. I made a little project out of it, painting it white and stenciling it. Stay tuned for before-and-after pictures on another post...

I want to point out the extra bed here in Ella's room just waiting for any of you to come and sleep in it! :)

Our Tahitian bedroom. Romantic, huh? One good thing is that we won't be cold in winter with this scene to get our minds off the weather, right????


Bathroom...

Necessary room...

We share half of this courtyard with our organization's office. They have 2 rooms here...

One "serene" room of the office. Its so easy to work here with such a peaceful setting, but Aaron says it makes him thirsty...

We feel very blessed with this new house. We would LOVE to be able to host you here! :)

4 comments:

Jen said...

Oh my goodnes! What a blessing! I hope you enjoy your new home and all the privacy that comes with it! It is super cute! love love love Ella's bed!

hugs,

jen

Anonymous said...

Wow!! I'm so excited for you guys!

Mamak said...

I am so happy for you! After you called last night and told me about the pictures on your blog,it was so late and I was so tired I didn't respond. You've done such a great job at making it "home". I know how much harder that is there than here. Would LOVE to see it!(-:

Nathan Miller said...

Oh my! I didn't realize you were moving into this house!!! It's fantastic! I remember stopping by there a time or two - it will be great for you guys.. and oh my, a Western toilet, so luxurious. :)

Wish I could visit with a house warming gift of Osh (and help you eat it).