Jul 24, 2009

how do you say disneyland in Hungarian?

They have taken an old run down park in the center of town and transformed it to the point that locals now call it "Disneyland". We have taken Ella there a couple of times. She loves it...

Looks like some pretty standard amusement park rides...

Its all obviously imported from somewhere, but, hmmm... I wonder where? Lets take a closer look at the booth. Can any of our readers understand what's written here?...

That's right, yet another Tajik-Hungarian connection (see also: national flag, Edwards brothers, etc). Apparently these rides were pulled out from under some sad Magyar kids and shipped off to our town.

Ellie on Pluto (the dog, not the disgraced former planet)...

I love this action shot...

And lookie here. But the 1 somoni that we paid is much less than the equivalent of 400 forints. Only a few of our readers can read the whole sign...

2 comments:

m+m said...

Wow!!! Yes, we can read the signs! This is amazing! :) First I thought there was a typo when the title of the post said "Hungarian", but I guess there wasn't! :) I am glad we have yet another connection between the two families.

Enjoy the rides! :)

The Hungarian reader

Bristol Grandma said...

With this post and the previous showing the water park, I'm thinking we are living in the dark ages :) Grandma's just whinning