Jul 11, 2009

Fan Trek, Day 3: over Alaudin pass

On Day 3 we awoke and set out for Alaudin pass. You can see it in this photo between the pointy middle peak (Alaudin peak) and the one on the right. Again, Brent has the stats, but I think we climbed (then descended) about 1000 meters that day to the pass at about 3900 meters (I know, I know, I'm American. But I am just used to meters now. Sorry. If you like feet, the conversion is about 3.28)...

Looking back on Kulikalon as we climbed...
Also passed another lake, Dushaka, on the way up, but no time to stop this time...

Approaching the pass on a mix of grass and snow in beautiful weather...

Then 2 minutes later the snow starts...

Brent nearly to the top...

Me close behind...

Made it!...

Then the weather cleared again as quickly as it changed the first time...

Looking down the other side to Alaudin Lake (tonight's camping site)...

Half way down the mountain...

At our campsite...

4 comments:

chrissy said...

I know a photo never compares to being there.. but that is breath taking! Wow!! I can't believe the colors and reflections in the lakes.

~nate~

Indiana Family of Four said...

Awesome pictures!! So beautiful!!

Jen said...

Wow! You sure have some great shots! looks like you had a wonderful time.

Mamak said...

I have noticed no comments so far. I am thinking that everyone is so awestruck by it all that we have nothing more to say. I can't begin to imagine the experiance this must have been. I am very proud of you all even though you added to me a few gray hairs. (What's new) (-: Excited to hear more!!!!