With my approaching birthday, Aaron began to ask me what I would like to do for my birthday. Going out for shashlik (shish kabobs without the grilled veggies) or something else local just didn't tickle my fancy. I really wanted Mexican food, so we decided to make our own Banditos night. I used to make tortillas quite often when we had our own place, but haven't attempted since we moved here, as we share a kitchen and it makes quite a mess. My dear old hubby offered to help me roll out the tortillas (upstairs, in our living room, hidden from local eyes, by the way....what a shame it would be for any of them to see him doing that!!!!) and we did about 30 so we have some ready in the freezer for my next craving! :) We enjoyed burritos, chips (which I made by frying the tortillas in oil) and salsa (that I canned last summer, but haven't had a chance to use yet), and Coca Cola! Here is the fiesta....
Mmmmm......
My mom sent me two small bottles of perfume. Ella was convinced that the big one is for Mommy and the little one for Ellie.
And a self portrait of me and my Ellie...
2 comments:
Yum, yum, that looks pretty tasty. Too bad Aaron didn't bake you a cake too.
Looks so good! Jen, you are so talented! It's just sad that you had to make your own birthday dinner (of course I know that Aaron's help did make a difference :). I'd like to learn how to make my tortillas from scratch like that! :)
Post a Comment