May 20, 2009

who in enjoying this more?

Jen apparently didn't get to go to Turtle Days enough as a child. She loves these old fair-type rides, so when we were in Dushanbe a couple of weeks ago, she used Ella as an excuse to ride them.

First they started off easy with the big Ferris Wheel (ironically the only ride that scares Jen)...

And then they did some kiddie rides...


But quickly got on to the hard stuff...

Ella was not always happy about it...

On this one, she started out ok out of blissful ignorance and (misguided) trust in her mother...

But then it got serious...

Jen even took her on the bumper cars...

I could hardly watch (is this abusive???)...


It was good to wind down with a nice peaceful train ride...



All that can make a girl hungry...

Unlike her mom, Ella really prefers to stay closer to the ground. That's where all the fun thing to look at are. That, and it's much safer...

5 comments:

Mamak said...

I think Ella has reason to be fearful...I remember how old and rickety the equipment is. You also could ride all day for the price of one ride at Turtle Days.(-:

Anonymous said...

This is so funny!! Jen, I would be right there with you and at least one of my children (Ellie) would be screaming right along with Ella. :)

Did you hear that my mom is moving back to 'Busco? She got an apartment down the street from your mom. Maybe I can get my kids to Turtle Days one of these summers.

Laurie said...

Oh, I can just see and hear Jen's excitement over those rides... what great memories I have with her those times we went to amusement parks! I'm glad you had fun! We'll have to all plan to go to an amusement park together sometime! :)

Bristol Grandma said...

This looks like an exhausting time. Some of that stuff has to be from the dark ages. Better make sure you have your tetnas shots up to date.

Nathan Miller said...

I remember a few of these rides, and I'm voting for abuse. Those rides are scary! :)