She loves it and I really do, too. These songs are straight from scripture and are really easy to learn. She picked up on the songs so quickly and now will walk around the house singing, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me", "Keep you tongue from evil and your lips from speaking lies", "When I am afraid I will trust in You", and my favorite, "Children obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right!"We were playing the CD the other week and she was belting it out. Of course whenever I get out the camera she acts shy, but here is what we got....
Isn't that sweet??? I was wiping tears when I watched that first video for the first time!
I am really a huge fan and think that this is a wonderful tool that will help children start learning scripture at an early age. The video is very dated (I watched it when I was in elementary school), but it still has the same truths and they really are great songs for kids! If you want to get it for your kids or someone else's kids, click here. I cannot recommend this album enough!
7 comments:
we have that cd too! and LOVE LOVE LOVE it! It is my new favorite christmas gift for 2 year olds!
Spencer loves those DVDs as well. One funny piece of trivia...these were taped in Nashville back in the 80s, and the little blonde girl in a few of the videos is Steven Curtis Chapman's daugher Emily, who is now in her mid-20s and married. :)
Love it!! Makes me cry too. It reminds me so much of you and Laurie when you were little. You would spend hours listening and then taping yourselves singing songs like that. Remember you"just loved Sandy Patty". The kids and I got to hear Steve Green in concert a few weeks ago. He is soon to be a grandpa...wow! Great to see him still being greatly used by God.
Liam has the same one too!
I love to hear him do the keep you tongue from evil. while holding his tongue!
So sweet!
So precious. Did you notice at the end of "I will trust in you" she was singing harmony? So fun.
Yes, I did notice that she was singing the harmony...I thought that was really funny, too!
We also have this CD and because I didn't grow up knowing anything about the Word of God, I am so grateful that my kids are in this privileged position! Also, this music is such a relief after all the shrieking tunes with the silly lyrics they market as "children's music."
Post a Comment