May 15, 2009

Dushanbe Zoo

Bristol Gma asked about the Dushanbe Zoo in her last comment... so here is a post about that. Last week when we were in Dushanbe with Nathan, we also visited the zoo. We first visited the zoo in the fall of 2007, before all those Hoosiers came over with all the grant money.

This shows the entrance to the zoo. I think one of the things the Hoosiers helped with is all the signage at the entrance.

There was cotton candy...

and rides...

and a playground...

and even some animals...

"you mean Gpa shoots these guys?!?"...
The camel is posing (smiling even) next to the sign that the Hoosiers put up...

I don't know if Black Pine has one of these, but it should, being in Cougar Country and all...
One of the projects that the Hoosiers did was the playground. I think they may need to do some training on how to use a teeter totter. These boys don't seem to have grasped the finer points of its use...

The next few pictures are what Nathan called his attempt at getting pictures of "ethnic-looking-people-having-fun" so he could show them to the Hoosiers who did the project...


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

After reading the article in the monthly newsletter at my work, this was interesting to see. The Hoosiers that went over there work where I do (different building, same company) Thanks for the info. Love the deer comment and picture, and.......love the kitty!! GO COUGARS!!! ~ Tina C.

Bristol Grandma said...

Looks like Ella is eating the stuffings from a pillow!!! Great pictures. Glad to finally see this zoo, didn't see any flowers or volunteers. Did you see any?

Nathan Miller said...

Ah the memories! Those are some good pictures of "ethnic-looking-people" if I do say so myself. :)