May 8, 2008

training

We thought we should do a couple of posts giving people some idea of the NGO work that we are involved in. It is pretty easy for us to just blog about Ella and never give you any idea of what the other two people in the family are doing. This one is about me (Jen)... In addition to my involvement at the special needs kindergarten that our organization runs here, I have recently been a part of a series of training seminars. I along with 4 other colleagues were asked by UNICEF and a local NGO to give some training on disabilities to some teachers in a city about 1 1/2 hours from here. I have been going out there about once a week. The idea is to provide the training to these people so they can open a preschool/kindergarten for special needs children in the classroom where the training is taking place. Here I am during one of the lessons I gave recently.
We travel right along the border with Kyrgyzstan and Uzbekistan to get there. The view of the mountains is spectacular! Here are a few photos of the stunning, snowcapped, Kyrgyz mountains...
This peak just left of center was particularly breathtaking. It towers above the rest...

No comments: