Apr 23, 2011

ellie-isms

[by jen]

The other night as Ella began praying at bedtime, while kneeling next to her bed...
Ella: Dear God, Thank you for this food...
Turning to look at me with her hands on her mouth, shocked and embarrassed,
Ella: ...Oops! That's a supper one!
______

One night as I was putting Ella to bed, we were talking about sin, and what sin is. Somehow we got to this conversation...
Ella: You mean like Roberts? Roberts are very bad people. They don't like childrens or kittens or puppies or nice people.
Me: Really?
Ella: Yeah, they steal other people's stuff.
Me: Stifling a laugh.
Because we know someone here named Robert, I had to ask this question...
Me: What about the Robert we know, is he a bad man?
Ella: (A bit confused, she replies) No, he's a good Robert.
______

Today Ella and I were in our garden picking dill. Ella asked if she could pick some of my flowers.
Me: Ella, tomorrow is a very special day. We are going up to the mountains and there are lots of flowers up there. You can pick lots and lots of flowers there. Do you know what special day it is tomorrow?
Ella: No, what is it?
Me: It's Easter. Do you remember what Easter is?
Ella: Yes! It's means we can have an Easter Egg Hunt!
Me: Well sweetie, that is not the meaning of Easter.
Ella: But it is in America!
She remembers Easter last year while we were home. I had planned to do some egg coloring and make little baskets for the kids, but because we just got home from the capital, I haven't had any time to do any of that and now am rather glad! I think we will just postpone that another week and call them Spring Baskets!!!! :)

No comments: