Sorry Colts fans. And sorry if you were hoping for news of baby Fud's arrival here... he apparently saw his shadow last Tuesday. Instead of any news on him, we've got a few Ellie-isms...
Ella is playing with her slinky (which she calls her "sling-sling")...
Ella: (pointing to the imaginary mouse that apparently lives inside the sling-sling) look at my mouse, isn't he cute?!
Me: What's his name?
Ella: Sku!
Me: What color is he?
Ella: Black and white... and pwecious in his sight!
(its been fun to here the new things that she is learning is Sunday School)
(riding in the car)
Ella: I gotta bugah.
Jen: Sorry, I don't have a tissue right now.
Ella: (after a few seconds) Dat's ok. I just put it back in my nose.
Me: That's a good idea.
Late Friday afternoon after getting home from a subbing job, I was taking a nap, when Ella comes in, crawls into bed and wakes me up. She looks out the window from the bed and yells "look, a possum!". She leaves the room, and I fall back asleep. Sometime later she crawls back into bed and her hands are frozen. I ask her why she is cold and she says "I went out to pet the possum, but he was scawed and wan to his mommy." After asking a series of questions, it turns out that she put on her boots (but not her coat) and went outside, all the way to the field to introduce herself to the possum. You may remember last Friday it was snowing sideways around this time. Jen was busy with something else and thought she was with me. Pretty funny, I thought... but I guess its time we teach that kid not to go outside alone, especially in near blizzard conditions.
2 comments:
Sweet Ella, I love her stories and imaginary friends.
oh my...so funny! I love that you share you "ism's"..they always make me laugh and smile!
I hate those moments when you think they are with the other parent and turns out they are not...It makes me feel horrible, then PRAISE God that they were kept safe.
Post a Comment