Dec 12, 2008

toys and dum-dums

Ella has an under-the-staircase toy room at both of her Gma's houses. At Gma Edwards' place, some of the toys for younger kids are pushed way in the back, but after about 30 min of hard work Ella managed to get herself into her old saucer. It kept her busy for another 20 min or so, until she realized she was stuck and that getting out is more difficult than getting in.


We've been trying to catch up with people as much as possible during our time home, and a couple of nights ago we saw our old friends, the Meyers. Ellie and Gracie enjoyed playing together as long as we could keep Ella from tackling her.

The girls were playing in the restaraunt when the waitress asked if it was ok for another guest, "Mr. Spangler", to give then a dum-dum. So this little old man gave them both a sucker. I had heard of dum-dum suckers, but I had never heard the name Spangler, although I am now told that Spangler Candy is a pretty big deal. Grandma Carol was disappointed that we didn't get Ella's picture with this guy - she said he is more famous than "that Waltrip guy" from the last post. Here they are enjoying thier dum-dums...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey guys, looks like you are having a fabulous time there! Missing you lots... well I've actually been really busy here in India, but I know I will miss you lots once I get back to Taj next week! Take care, and be sure to wish Ella a happy b-day on the day!
Cindy