"Well, you're in Russia," the British Airways employee said to me as we slipped around the back of immigration control. I had just watched her argue ferociously with the head of security on our behalf to allow me to go around immigration control to the ticket desk to clear up a situation caused by a combination of mistakes by my travel agent, British Air, and the Russian airline which put us in position where we were facing the threat of being sent back to London (sound familiar?) rather than on to Tajikistan. I then watched her get in a yelling match with the people at the ticket counter. Eventually, they gave us the option to buy new tickets to Dushanbe on the flight we thought we already had a booking on or be sent back to London at our expense. In the coming days we hope to get this sorted out with our travel agent and get a refund for the 1200 USD expense. We also hope to be reunited with our bags again one day. In Moscow, they told us that they could not locate our bags either in Moscow or in London, so perhaps they shipped them off to Narnia. Anyway, 53 hours after leaving home, we arrived at our destination. Otherwise, we are doing well, and have already had a chance to get to the bazaar this morning.
As always, Ella traveled well, and here are a couple of pictures from her flight to Moscow.

She also wanted to see the world's smallest television on the wall behind her.

You may remember that we were delayed in London for over 24 hours. We wanted to show you a few pictures from that as well (at the Tower Bridge, Big Ben, and a phone booth):
This album is powered by BubbleShare - Add to my blog
7 comments:
We're so happy to hear you made it! Now hopefully your luggage won't be far behind.
Jen & Eric & kiddos
I'm sooo thankful to hear that you've arrived! I have been checking your blog about once an hour or less and even several times in the night. We pray your luggage will come soon. Give Ella a big kiss and hug for Grandma!
Every hour or less! So thats why the hit counter has been climbing!!!
Sorry...but that still doesn't equal up to over 4000!!! (-:
it's so good to hear from ya'll. i love the pictures from london...such a bad deal to be stuck in such a beautiful place with a paid hotel and food, huh?!? at least it was there and not an airport terminal.
i hope you're luggage comes soon...although there could be worse things!
love you all,
beth
It's so glad to hear you made it! What an encouragement it is to see the way you find JOY in even the when things don't go as ideally planned... isn't it goos to know that GOD is in charge, and we aren't? :)
Thanks for sharing the great pics!
Love ya,
Sissy :)
Wow... I forgot to proofread that last comment, didn't I? (...and to think that spelling and grammar were my best subjects...) Anyway, I think you can figrure out what I meant...
Have a great night! (Or I guess it's morning where you are!)
Praying for you!
Post a Comment