Today was Independence Day in Tajikistan. She turned sixteen years old, so watch out on the roads. The humanitarian organization that we work for, Op Mercy, had a picnic up in the mountains with all the local and ex-pat staff. It was good to get out of the city. Here are Jen and Ella playing in the sand by the river up in the mountains.
Sep 10, 2007
Bags/Picnic
We got our bags today (all but one of them anyway)!!! After I showered and changed, the clothes I'd been wearing for five days got up and walked off. One bag is still missing, and it contains Ella's pack-n-play. We have been able to borrow one for now, so we are not missing it. But hopefully it will appear someday.
Today was Independence Day in Tajikistan. She turned sixteen years old, so watch out on the roads. The humanitarian organization that we work for, Op Mercy, had a picnic up in the mountains with all the local and ex-pat staff. It was good to get out of the city. Here are Jen and Ella playing in the sand by the river up in the mountains.
Here is the lady who cooked the lunch for the picnic group. Its Osh. What else could it be?
Today was Independence Day in Tajikistan. She turned sixteen years old, so watch out on the roads. The humanitarian organization that we work for, Op Mercy, had a picnic up in the mountains with all the local and ex-pat staff. It was good to get out of the city. Here are Jen and Ella playing in the sand by the river up in the mountains.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Oh no, your clothes are missing? Who would want clothes that you've had on for days, anyway??!! => Well, I guess someone else is enjoying that Gap shirt, huh?? You guys are such an encouragement and challenge to me! Love ya and praying for ya! :)
We are so glad you made it and got most of your bags! We are also quite curious as to what "Osh" is... Can you enlighten us further?
Laurie - the bit about my clothes walking off was a joke, kind of like saying I had been wearing them so long they learned to walk on their own. O well, I guess if you have to explain, it isn't really funny.
Scott - Osh is the national dish of both Uzbekistan and Tajikistan, consisting of rice, carrots, onions, oil, meat, and occasionally cumen, chick peas, raisins, and/or garlic. We have had it hundreds of times prepared in various ways. It ranges from pretty good to disgustingly oily to just boring.
Ok... maybe my last comment humored you... Aaron, you're the one who talked about your clothes "walking off", huh? I don't know why, but I was picturing Jen saying this, and I felt bad for her... ha! =)
So, have you found Ella's pack-n-play yet?
I've been thinking about you guys a lot lately!
Love ya,
Laurie
i was so happy to read your update. i laughed at your little "clothes walking off comment", however, i laughed even harder at laurie's comments in response! some things never will change, huh?!? ;)
love you ALL! (i almost put both...but ella is WAY too important to ever forget!)
o, and eat a little extra osh for me next time!
Post a Comment