Aug 14, 2012

first day of school

[by Jen]

Today was a very special day for Ella.  Today she started all day kindergarten.  It was a big day for Mommy, too.  Was really hard to put her on that bus.  She asked me if I was going to cry.  I said "probably".  I was right.  I did. 

Here she is outside our apartment.  

Joining the other kids waiting for the bus.  



Me and my baby girl...

Ella always used to be the only blondie in her class and group of playmates. Here in the bus line its no different!  This one of many things we love about Purdue Village!



Rockin' her new backpack!

Here comes the bus!





She saw me crying and this was her response.  She said "no crying!!"

May you be like Jesus and show His love wherever you go, my sweet girl.  I love you and am so proud of you!

3 comments:

Jen said...

oh my! if that isn't an Aaron face (the last pic) I don't know what is!!! Looks like she was excited to go!

can't wait to hear of all her adventures on the first day!

Also, Kate wants Ella to know she has the same backpack.

jen

Laurie said...

Thanks for sharing! What a special day! Looks like she's loving it! So happy for her (but sorry you were sad)... exciting times as they grow up, though! :) Love you! <3

Mamak said...

Thanks for posting Jen. Seems like only yesterday I was seeing you off. Where does time go???